Sunday, September 21, 2008

Rice Cup Cake / Huat Kueh / Fat Koh (Pre-Mixed)

Ingredients :
1 Egg
240ml Water (I replace it with Sprite / 7-up)
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
Some food colouring
1 Packet of Cup Cake Mix
(I use Sing Long Traditional Cup Cake Mix. It’s easily obtained from NTUC Fairprice supermarket from the Flour section)


Method :
Pour Traditional Cup Cake Mix, Eggs and 120ml water into mixing bowl at low speed for 1 minute and another 4 minutes at high speed.

Add the remaining water (Sprite/7-up) and mix at low speed for 1 minute and another 4 minutes at high speed.

Prepare paper cups, pour in the batter and steam for 12 minutes.

Tips :
1) I replace water with Sprite or 7-up so that the cake will have a lemon taste and it rises well.
2) You may add additional Eno (Fruit Salt) about half a teaspoon to let the cake smile wider. In my pictures, I didn’t add Eno as I wish to test the result without Eno Salt.
3) To have more fun, I have added chocolate chips, resins, rainbow colour candy resins, almond, dry fruits or nuts etc.
4) I like to use natural fruit colouring extract from fruits. Eg. Red from smashing cherries.
5) You may pipe in some fruit jam (to add on colour and flavour) and stir it lightly to have some marble effect (please refer to my pictures).
6) Boil the water first before placing the cakes in the double boiler. After placing the cakes in, do not open the cover (to retain the heat so that the cake will rise and smile better).


No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs