Friday, October 17, 2008

Lao BeiJing Dinning Hall Restaurant

Yeah.....my birthday is around the corner and I had some advance celebrations with my family last night and with my colleagues today . My celebration is all about food.

The moment I step into the office, I was greeted by my colleagues with good wishes and present. So happy as they always remember my bday. My colleague's husband called and my colleague put him on speaker and make him sing me a bday song. Hahaha.....so touch. I know that he doesn't like to sing unlike my colleague who is a song bird. What have I done to deserve this? Thanks a million to all.

My boss brought us for lunch at Lao Beijing (Novena Square Branch) -238 Thomson Road #02-11/12Velocity@Novena Square) as we have not been there and It's very near to my office. Actually he propose Sakura but we have been there a couple of times and we request for a change.

They serve good noodles, dumplings, steam fish, beijing duck etc Beijing style of food. As it was just lunch, we prefer noodles. We tried Dan Dan noodles
(担担面), Zha Jiang Mian (炸酱面), Mian Xian (面线), dumplings (饺子) and Xiao Long Bao (小笼汤包). We all give A to the Dan Dan noodles which is soup base and the Xiao Long Bao is delicious too. As for the Zha Jiang Mian, it's a bit salty. Mian Xian is slightly above average.

They also serve nice chinese tea, herbal tea and flower tea. As the weather is not so good recently, we order warm herbal tea. It's nice and not very sweet.

The meal cost us around S$65++. Not very cheap as we only order noodles and dumplings. Anyway, my boss pay for it..hehe....We dare not order too much cos my boss is going to buy us dinner again this evening. Well, it's my birthday and I deserve it okay :P
I like the deco and renovation in this Novena branch especially the wooden deco ladder that goes up all the way to the second level where they place all the old wine pots. Nice job.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs