There are my type of green tea you may choose that suits your taste buds. There are Longjing (龙井) , Bi Luo Chun (碧螺春), Xiang Pian – jasmine tea (香片), Genmaicha – brown-rice tea (玄米茶) etc.
4g Green tea powder
3 tsp Honey
3 tbsp Oatmeal
1) Blend Oatmeal into smaller, preferably powdery form. Pour it into a bowl.
2) Add honey and green tea powder into the oak meal.
4) Stir and mix well.
1) Cleanse your face thoroughly.
2) Spread the mask evenly on your face.
3) Leave it for 15 – 20 minutes.
4) Wipe it off with a clean wet cloth or wet tissue.
5) Rinse your face with water and tap dry.
Skin Type –
Suitable for most skin type. Good for face with open pores, rough complexion and Oily face.
Frequency of use –
2 to 3 times per week.
Green tea is rich in Vitamin C but unlike most fruit, it is not acidic. It is a very good ingredient for DIY mask for its detoxification and gentle for sensitive skin. Green tea powder with the content of tannin (单宁酸) will gently lighten dark complexion leaving the skin bright and light.
Oatmeal has very good property in removing dead cells.
Honey contains several vitamins and minerals with several compounds to function as antioxidants. Not only it has moisturizing effect, it also has antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
With the combination of all these three characteristic, it enhance in whitening, moisturizing, tightening skin, balancing oil and gentle on sensitive skin.
1) If you are running out of time or in a hurry, you may use instant oatmeal and forget about blending the oak meal into smaller piece. Instant oak meal is already pre-cooked, so you can skip the blending. You need to mix well and let it soften for a while before you apply.
2) Cover your mixture with stretch film and place it in fridge for 20 minutes and you will have a very cooling cold mask. I prefer cold mask as it always makes me feel sleepy haha…
3) It’s good to use the mask immediately after you mixe. Use the excess on your neck, hands or legs. Use it when it’s fresh.
4) If you really need to keep it for later date, keep it in air tight and sterile glass container and place it in fridge.